Skip to main content
Topic: "Helga" the 1988 8v GTI (Read 2689 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1988 8v GTI

Reply #30
Some of the Blaupunkts I had in the 80's and 90's had the facility to toggle the display colour between green and orange and I think either a dark screen background with lighter digits or vice versa (in each colour).

Re: "Helga" the 1988 8v GTI

Reply #31
She now has a name and that name is Helga.
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #33
That was my first thought too!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #35
I think lockdown has finally got to the car.  I decided to change the flourescent lights in the garage for some nice LED battern fittings so needed to move the car.  In all the time I have had it, there hasn't been a time when it hasn't started on the first turn of the key so I was shocked when I was greeted with the normal whirring of the starter motor but not the slightest hint that it would start  :(

I can hear a pump prime and there is a good spark so I am guessing the in tank pump has decided that it's bored of pumping................hopefully I am not looking at a dead ECU or a dodgy immobiliser!

I did the only thing that I could think of and covered it back up, switched off the garage lights and crossed my fingers in the hope that the magic pixies would come and fix it over night :D
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D