Skip to main content
Topic: 'Old' forum platform will cease on the www 1st June 2020 (Read 681 times) previous topic - next topic

'Old' forum platform will cease on the www 1st June 2020

Evening

As the title, but with a little explanation.

We have moved most threads to the new site; but if you want to move your own, then please do so before the 1st June, as the 'old' site will no longer exist on the www.

Thank you for joining us on the new forum, we understand that it is an inconvenience to our members, and for this we apologise, but the old forum software can no longer be updated and is having conflicts with other mods that are on the database and therefore one day without warning it will crash for good, this way by moving platform we have had the chance to save our threads.

staysafe

Admin

National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: 'Old' forum platform will cease on the www 1st June 2020

Reply #1
Can I request that the how to guides are migrated at the very least - those are an invaluable resource and we've already lost a bunch of them within the community when edition went down.

Worried that new guys coming into it won't have half the resources I did starting out especially.

Reply #2
I think most are done, if you can, if you check through and see what needs still doing I will sort asap.

They can be find here (I think the name needs changing?) https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?board=38.0

Thanks for signing up to the new site :)
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #3
Can I request that the how to guides are migrated at the very least - those are an invaluable resource and we've already lost a bunch of them within the community when edition went down.

Worried that new guys coming into it won't have half the resources I did starting out especially.

If you find anything you rate and it hasn’t been sent over , just go to “quote” and you will be able to copy the post together with picture links from inside the quote and then paste it onto the new site