Skip to main content
Topic: Hello from Bristol (Read 788 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello from Bristol

Hello
Its Richard from Bristol - just re-registered after finding the site had changed.

I have my 1991 8v 5 door silver GTi, which I've had four about 4 years - does me sterling service but only comes out on dry days!

I had Mk2s back in the day (1988- 1992) a 1988 F Reg CL and  a 1987 E Reg 16v GTi.

I'm currently looking for an unmolested Mk2 Golf van if anybody knows of one, having very nearly bought a brand new one in 1991 for my electrical business!

Re: Hello from Bristol

Reply #1
ጤና ይስጥልኝ እና ወደ ክለቡ እንኳን ደህና መጣህ!

Reply #2
Hi Richard, thanks for signing up again :)

Bristol- when safe to do so we are going to start our Bristol meets :)

Mk2 van speak to Matthew Palmer at Mk2 Spares, I’m sure he had one for sale a while ago.

Enjoy the site and post away :)

Shelly
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #5
Welcome along!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #6
Welcome! Yes, we will get the Bristol meet rolling again as soon as we can.

Reply #7
welcome, and try meet mr eddypeck, he gets lonely at meets... seems low turn outs, at the early 2020 meets before cv19..  personally im looking forward to seeing some cars and having a meet somewhere.

Reply #8
welcome, and try meet mr eddypeck, he gets lonely at meets... seems low turn outs, at the early 2020 meets before cv19..  personally im looking forward to seeing some cars and having a meet somewhere.

haha, well it got to the point a few years back when we were getting big turn outs, and had a few idiots turn up doing burnouts and rev bombs etc... so we stopped pushing in on facebook. The result has been a core handful of mates that go to the pub once a month and occasionally someone new turns up. Not the meets they used to be, but perhaps that will build back up again.

Reply #9
I'm from the ever sunny weston-s-mare but just moved out of Bristol so will definitely be attending meets!