Skip to main content
Topic: On-line suppliers... (Read 1235 times) previous topic - next topic

On-line suppliers...

Any recommendations based on previous (and consistent) good experience?

Getting tired of being messed about by some of the more common ones like Mr-Auto and Partsinmotion. I mention these two in particular as they've been the worst todate, but as a rule most of them either recommend / send the wrong thing even after checking, charge the earth for postage to Northern Ireland (when they give free post to elsewhere in the UK) or take weeks to put something in the post.

Re: On-line suppliers...

Reply #2
I'd rate B&B on ebay too.
Competitive prices and prompt delivery.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #3
depends on what youre looking for.

I can supply some parts ( service and repair) just looking at finally setting up a small online shop. 6yrs late lol  Email me at kennethcartwright@msn.com with wanted. Normally bigger items a 2 week delivery time.

classic-vw.co.uk mark carter
B&B components as mentioned
Stickerpig for vinyls

matthew palmer and brendon moss for 2nd hand stuff

Reply #4
Cheers... good to know, will give them a chance.

Been trying to stop using eBay as the go to place for new car bits if at all possible, though got to say BandB's feedback seems to be well above the norm, specially for the volume of stuff they appear to sell.

They've also a 'real' premise / website as an alternative, which is usually a good thing.

Keep us posted Kenneth, I'm going to start on the MK2 in earnest soon and will likely need the run of the mill stuff you're probably going to have.

Prices don't vary so much that it's worth taking a risk on eBay just to save a few pence, I'm happy to pay a little extra for good service / someone who knows exactly what you need.

Reply #6
Another thumbs up for B&B.  Euro car parts are also worth looking at especially as they always have massive discounts across loads of parts.  Sometimes they do have odd bits at really cheap prices such as a Topran coolant level sensor for a massive 79p!!
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #7
I try to get part numbers then google who has them...There are a lot of people buying up stock from vwclassic.de and chucking it online .., Always worth asking them as they don’t seem to list all they have and the postage is a one off for whatever you buy .

I remember a famous on line dealer saying that classic.de only have ?? Original chrome small bumpers left, should we buy them ( put a mark up on and sell them to you )

Reply #8
Re B&B... I had a query regarding a part I was after and couldn't see listed. I called them up and was able to confirm the part I required.
Not something you can do with many of these bedroom entrepreneurs  :D
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #9
Re B&B... I had a query regarding a part I was after and couldn't see listed. I called them up and was able to confirm the part I required.
Not something you can do with many of these bedroom entrepreneurs  :D
that's true that's why i sit at kitchen table. ;-)  But at least i've got 8 cars that i can physically go out and look for parts and then try hunting a replacement, should i not find the part on data base. As mention before, i'm hoping to start doing service kits, seals, and general consumables.  With added benefit of having access to workshop and spray booth. Not really an electrical star, but hopefully maybe trying to offer a full drop off and leave service, paint,repair and service. Cars currently at unit, dimma, clio, dimma 205, dimma cti, rocco 1.8mk2, t25 ,and a jag xjs.

Today at unit waited over 6 hrs for parts for 2 services, really even Autosuppliers in the trade can be bad. 3.2 audi tt today for general service, oil,water, filters took 3 attempt's to get air filter... its a Vag engine,   then same for astravan, oil and filters, was quicker to get in the car and collect..

Reply #10
BandB seems to have a good reputation... might be worth approaching them as a club sponsor / discount for members?