Skip to main content
Topic: I have arrived  (Read 835 times) previous topic - next topic

I have arrived

Another addition to the fleet ,not the fastest, prettiest or  "uncommon" st of machines, probably number something like  689,782,456 of the 100,000,000  built but it is a bit special.
Usually  seen carrying a large pig, a fridge five kids and a wife in a burka... those accessories will be later on but for now I have recently acquired a nearly 8hp F reg 1988 Honda C90(G) with 2397 miles ...
It’s been  in two collections in its life and I am beginning to think it should be in a museum (like me)
Stripping it down to clean it has been a pleasure , not a lot to do , engine alloy needs some tlc and elbow grease but when it’s done it will join the fleet as a sunny day potterer....
oh and registered within a month of the Mk2

Re: I have arrived

Reply #1
So it’s all be cleaned and have been bumbling around the town on sunny days , got up to 40mph which was not a comfortable experience... stuck it in the lounge just to let her know who is boss.. it didn’t stay long because I am a considerate bloke and didn’t want her sad...

Reply #2
So having killed the bike and nearly myself I am on the verge of buying another C90 and a divorce……awaiting delivery of an 89 electric start !!!

Reply #3
What happened?

I said you need more than 2 wheels!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #5
Damn!
Sorry to hear this, even more sorry to hear you're thinking about another bike.
How about another classic car instead, you like cleaning them!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v