Skip to main content
Topic: Hello from a newbie! (Read 642 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello from a newbie!

Hi all,

Total newbie here - was 'thinking' of selling my Mark 2 GTI as I'm down-sizing... so thought I'd join this forum for a quick bit of advice as I've got no  idea on price etc.  ;D

8v golf GTI - Registered 10/08/1989.

Owned her since 2015. 3 door, 'Grey', 56k miles, 

SORN for last 3 years... Garaged. Immaculate.

Will obviously be sold with a new MOT and fresh service - folder full of receipts etc.., and also have a Haynes Manual  :P

Not sure on price? Ideally, I'd like it to go to someone who will cherish it as much as me and my lads have, hence joining this forum. Have thought of the usual suspects (KGF/4 Star Classic/The Market/Collecting Cars etc)., but don't want a trader ripping me (and the next enthusiast) off! >:(

Any thoughts welcome  :)

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Reply #1
Prices are all over the place , all you will get are varying opinions...you need to check out the usual sites and decide what you want  For it and what someone will pay. If you aren’t in a rush add a bit to your target price and be patient.
I think that Four star etc have such ridiculous Inflated prices they can afford to pay market value to buy it . They probably don’t though

Reply #2
I recently paid £10k for a similar car to yours, albeit with 75,000 on the clock.   Seems to be a lot around the £5k mark but with issues.  Have you considered auctioning it on Collecting Cars, a low miler went for over £19,000 the other day. 

Reply #3
thanks - that's the route I will likley end up going... although was hoping to let it go to someone that would appreciate the car... it's pretty much mint...