Skip to main content
Topic: Polybush Top Mounts (Read 1447 times) previous topic - next topic

Polybush Top Mounts

Anyone using Polybush top mounts.

Been running G60 ones for a few years with standard struts and lowered springs, but now getting a lot of play when the car is jacked up, the MOT man commented on this a few months ago.

Looking for a more long term upgrade.

Many thanks,

Simon.

Re: Polybush Top Mounts

Reply #1
Had Bonrath on my old GTI for years, great bit of kit.

Reply #2
Any idea where you get those from, did a quick search and nothing came up?

Reply #4
Thanks for that, anyone had good experiences with the Powerflex ones?

Reply #5
Personally id use the oem rubber choice, used poly top mounts on my old 20v, literally changed them back to oem rubber the following weekend, they just put far to much extra vibration through the car.

Reply #6
I was just looking for something that lasts longer, fed up with having to change rubbers every couple of years.

Reply #7
I never found the Bonraths to be crashy to be honest but then it was the only poly bushes I had on the car as you I was constantly replacing the rubber ones, they split and allowed the shock to drop, the Bonrath ones are still on the car as good as new.

Reply #9
Are MK3 Golf ones a straight swap?

Reply #11
Yep you to need to change the top spring plate, nut and the bearing too! So a few things to buy.

It's a hexagonal nut so no faffing with that MK2 thingy with the cut-outs.

Take a look see here:

MK3 Top Mount Article
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #14
Note that there are 2 sizes of MK3 spring top plate. You need to ensure you get th right one (bigger).
The first ones I got were too small, then I got some the right size but the pressing was a bit rough....
I finally got some from the local VW dealer. I think they were circa £20 each, bought last year.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel