Skip to main content
Topic: Ask anything about FINLAND (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic

Ask anything about FINLAND

While drinking a cup of coffee I started wondering if you guys want to ask something about Finland or our culture etc.

Feel free to ask, I'll answer as good as possible  :))
Just a Finnish dude.

Re: Ask anything about FINLAND

Reply #1
Hmmm, good idea!

What's the VW scene like over there? Are there meets or track days?
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary

Mk2 BBM R32

Reply #2
Hmmm, good idea!

What's the VW scene like over there? Are there meets or track days?

I gotta tell Finland is the worst country for car enthusiasts, there are sooo much regulations and for example a mk2 vr6 swap is only a dream here. There is one vw regulated community and one mk2 golf specific club but here in Finland people are so c*nts that if they know something they make sure nobody else gets to know it.. For example the pro 8V tuners here don't share any information but they have made a 8V 1.8 dual carb that makes 180hp, I think thats a very big achievement(?)

We have 2 tracks here in Finland and last track day was at 2019.
Just a Finnish dude.

Reply #3
How do you get throught those long dark winters?

How many cups of coffee do you think you get through in a day?

1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #4
How do you get throught those long dark winters?

How many cups of coffee do you think you get through in a day?

IMO winter is nice and enjoyable for the two first months, but when it gets to the coldest season (mid december to mid february) I really start hoping for summer :D

Finnish coffee consumption can actually be referred to british tea culture, we drink coffee like 4 times a day (1-2 cups per time) and coffee is also made when guests come, after sauna, stopping at gas station, going out to the woods skiing etc. I personally drink like 7 cups a day. Soo we drink a lot of coffee!
Just a Finnish dude.