Skip to main content
Topic: Vinnie 35k miles OEM OCD Apline white 8v Gti  (Read 3823 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Vinnie

Reply #17
Not much of an update but I am chuffed, got my little holy grail of cassette player accessories together, just received my casette cleaning kit to go with the Votex cassette holder and the blaupunkt security device in the blaupunkt hu complete with an iPhone input ...

Cassette cleaning kit

Votex cassette holder

Blaupunkt SQR88 and Bluespot cassette lock

Re: Vinnie

Reply #18

Some left over pics which were on here but after sorting the photobucket shizzle I couldn’t fit them back in

Thanks for your patience, that’s most of the photos transferred across, sorry I didn’t have the motivation to transfer 25 pages of stuff over .... thanks for looking

Re: Vinnie 35k miles OEM OCD Apline white 8v Gti

Reply #19
Just looked through the whole thread again.

You know, I never noticed that rust until today...
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #21
Ahh found your thread (I wrote on your porsche courtsey thread). The car looks superb and the alloys do look nice. Hmm I think I will attempt to get them refurb'd.

Reply #22
Thanks, the diamond cut is nice but I have issues with two center caps. Re diamond cutting them is not going to be easy and two refurb people have knocked me back .. sadly the caps which were about £20 are nla.. let me know if you get any luck

Reply #23
Mine are in a terrible state (badly corroded) so not sure if they are savable to be honest. I was thinking of going for one of the diamond cut alternatives instead.

Reply #24
Just read the tread. Great car, very clean and original.

Reply #26
So visited the old boy today as it was nice and sunny, bloody condensation , went around the block and it looked like a steam engine at first, settled down a bit but needs a bit of nice weather and a nice drive to heat the old exhaust up

Reply #27
No two people seem to advocate the same thing... some say it's not good to let the car just tick over without driving it while others say the opposite.

Personally I'm running the 205 for 15 mins or so twice a week. There's occasionally condensation on start up, though not always and if it is present it clears very quickly. The only thing I'm not keen on is the oil filler cap will gather more moisture than if the car was driven, but it's easily wiped away... 205's have wire mesh in the cap to act as a flame trap in case vapours build up, probably also encourages water too.

Truth is I also need a regular fix of exhaust, petrol / oil fumes plus to hear the Jetronic warming up and exhaust burble... bliss.

Reply #28
So visited the old boy today as it was nice and sunny, bloody condensation , went around the block and it looked like a steam engine at first, settled down a bit but needs a bit of nice weather and a nice drive to heat the old exhaust up

"sunny"...You had sun today...
That is just so annoying! Its been cold grey drizzly and now snowing here!  >:(

When I haven't started mine up for a while (weeks) I disconnect the dizzy and turn it over a few times to get the oil pressure up before reconnecting and starting. Not sure if that is a good move or not.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #29
With the Beetle 4S turfed out room to bring Vincent to mission control, serious thoughts of selling have been dented after a bit of garage time and Vinnie working his magic on me ,  seats out and hoovered , he is too good to sell…no shampoo but vaxing tomorrow …