Skip to main content
Topic: New member saying "hello" (Read 552 times) previous topic - next topic

New member saying "hello"

Hi all,

I've been a MK2 owner for a year now and finally made the jump to joining and becoming a paid member, wish I did it 12 months ago and would've saved some dosh at VW Heritage  ::)  :)

Got myself a 5dr 16v Big Bumper, last owner spent his sons inheritance keeping it roadworthy and I'll likely be broke soon too, but loving the wee thing. Based in Scotland and would be keen to attend a car meet if it happens up here.

Came here to gain advice and learn some new things. It needs only a few minor things to get it right. Keeps me busy and feels good to tinker and see how it all works.

Thanks

Baz

Re: New member saying "hello"

Reply #1
Hello Baz welcome to the forum.

Reply #2
Hi there, welcome along. there's a few members up your way. Obviously Scotland is a big place in its own right and my naive Southern attitude means I have no idea how helpful that is as they might still be many hundreds of miles away. There's a National Meet each year fairly central and I know a few of the far far north members make the pilgrimage down. For obvious reasons it's been postponed the past 2 years but looking forward to 2022.

Reply #3
Halo agus fàilte chun fhòram!

Reply #4
Hello and welcome , loads of advice and how tos on here.. worth a look around … We do like pictures and a build thread is nice to have …don’t forget Heritage are just a middle man you can often find parts cheaper elsewhere.

Reply #5
Hi!