Skip to main content
Topic: Pearl Grey 16v 96k miles  (Read 1972 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pearl Grey 16v 96k miles

Reply #15
A member did the artwork and Pukka Designs made them up.
However times have changed and getting the correct reg font is a problem. Mine are really show plates but are exactly the same as the originals !
I believe there are some that will still make them up.  ;)
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #16
Thanks for the info Andy . I’ve checked and mine was actually supplied by Contim in Harrow. It’s still got the original dealer plate on the rear . So should be able to use that to get a front and window sticker made up

Reply #18
Managed to squeeze another car in my small unit ( 4 cars in a double garage ) with all this rain we’ve had I’ve noticed the golf was getting wet inside . So I’ve put it indoors to strip the interior , needs a new headliner anyway . Then before I sorn it at the end of the month I’ll take it outside to check where the waters coming in . Always so much easier with the interior out .all needs a good clean anyway .

Reply #19
Took a few bits off to do at work . Seem to have been able to bring the red on the grill back with a gentle polish . Before

After

Did the spotlights as well

Reply #20

It’s all these little free jobs that I love doing what made me go for this car .

Reply #21
What did you use for the water bottle? A dishwasher tablet in a bucket of hot water did wonders for mine.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #22
I forgot that one . I just used some mould remover and some tfr and kept going back to it . Good job I did it it was full of muck inside

Reply #23
What a journey to collect it! Looks like it was worth it though and appears solid in the right places which is a massive bonus. Its goo to see a few new build threads appearing, I find it motivates me to get outside and work on mine.

Reply #24
Well with the interior out I have tested to see where the water is coming in. Everywhere pretty much .  The guy I bought the car off never used it and just garaged it for 3 years so that’s why it was so dry when I picked it up .so we’ve got the usual door membranes. All 4 . Rear tail lights . Rear badge grommets.
So all pretty easy fixes . But also the sunroof is leaking . I’m checking that out tomorrow ,
Drains etc. anyway interior is now pretty much out

Reply #25

Reply #27
Headliner was dead and the sunroof leak just finished it off. I’m going to try one of the ones on eBay . Heard good things about them . Headliner world one unless anyone knows better ?

Reply #28
I can vouch for the headliner world ones.
Fitted one to mine, went in a treat and fitted well around the A B and C pillars too.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #29
Thanks Dave that’s good to know .
I treated myself to a cheap wet vac . Karcher Wd2 plus . Was only £50 in the sale .with a cheap b and m stain remover and a bowl of hot water we turned this