Skip to main content
Topic: Decision time ... (Read 716 times) previous topic - next topic

Decision time ...

Another apocalyptic choice ...
So the crappy paper bar code thing on the drivers door  b pillar of Vinnie is now totally illegible and just a fluffy stuck on bit of paper... should I leave it. Remove it or get a copy done... Think a new shiny one will look wrong ?
Also anyone know  where can I get one made?

Re: Decision time ...

Reply #1
I'm sensing from your tone that it's annoying you to look at it, but your desire for originality is kicking in.

I was going to say 'unfortunately' I'm quite like you, but that isn't being fair as I don't consider it a problem... wanting to keep your car as close to how it was is a worthwhile thing.

Having said that I usually resolve dilemmas like yours with the simple question - Am I doing / not doing this for myself or for the next owner?

If it makes you happier, do it and don't factor in what a potential buyer might want.

Reply #2
Forgot!

Eddypeck found this guy, must be few years ago now but it's lost on the old forum.

Anyhow on the back of that I got some stickers from him and they're spot-on. I know he's since done some for MK1 owners and can replicate most things if he has an original to work from. Would likely be easy doing the door jam bar code.

His english is better some peoples I know, may still have a direct email for him from back then, if you're interested.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vw-golf-2-datenaufkleber-neu-/614094109-223-3059

Reply #4
I'd get is swapped out for a good copy.
It'll only bug you every time you look at it otherwise.
Sure, you'll know it's a reproduction at first, but after a while, you'll forget you did it and it'll just be a part of the car.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v