Skip to main content
Topic: Cheap 5 door GL Auto (Read 579 times) previous topic - next topic

Cheap 5 door GL Auto

You might need to join the fb group to see it, but I spotted this and thought it was worth a share.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1655988187997369/permalink/2668997493363095/?sale_post_id=2668997493363095

Seller is unknown to me so I can't vouch for the car or anything but seemed like a decent price.

Details from advert, but you will need to be on facebook to contact the guy as no contact details. There's also more photos on the advert, I've just copied one for a taster (if it works)

£1,595 · Bradford, England
Mk2 Golf Auto

NOW REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE TO £1595!

I am having to sell my MK2 Golf GL due to buying my neighbours house that recently came on the market. I was going to keep as its a solid example but needs must.

It is a 1.8cc Auto with Power Steering. Four Door.

BODYWORK:-
The bodywork is not bad at all. No obvious rust. Its finished in the  "uncommon"  Royal Blue metallic paint. It has some slight variations in colour here and there and some small dents and scratches but still looks rather presentable. The Rear boot area is solid and so is the tyre well area. There is no signs of accident damage. I had an inspection done before I bought it and welcome anyone to do the same if they wish.

MOT:-
The car was taken for MOT by myself. I had the front top struts replaced as there was excessive movement. It also needed the D bushes replacing that are on the anti roll bars, MOT runs out on Jan 21. Since the MOT, the car has been parked in a dry garage and not been driven.

INTERIOR:-
The interior is not bad at all. No rips or tears in the seats. Carpets are good to. Comes with decent floor mats.The Sunroof works as it should, as does the Power Steering. The roof lining is a little stained and saggy but easy to sort out should you want to.

ENGINE;-
The engine is a 1781cc with Automatic transmission. I drove the car for 50 miles or so and it was silky smooth. Really was impressed and it was an enjoyable drive. It didn't burn any oil ( I checked the dip stick before the drive) and neither did it lose any water. It had a slight rattle at the rear, but it was just overstretched exhaust hangers which I replaced for new.

RECENT WORK CARRIRD OUT:-
I wasn't happy with not knowing the history of the timing belt so I had that changed for a good quality German brand. The radiator was replaced for a new one . The car has had a full service including Oil and Oil Filter, Coolant flush, Air Filter and Sparkplugs.

GENERAL:-
This is a good solid example with a great engine that runs very well. Its very responsive and the gearbox works great. It Drives silky smooth, and that's for an old car! It is ready to drive and enjoy. However this would also be an ideal candidate to have a full restoration done to take it back to its former glory. Would be great to see this done to a factory original condition. The Alloy wheels are brand new with almost new tyres.
I have priced this very reasonably to reflect its condition and the fact it doesn't have any service history prior to what I've done. For that reason I'm firm on the price.
I've tried to describe the car as honestly as I can. Please give me a call if you need to know anything else