Skip to main content
Topic: GTI Register  (Read 865 times) previous topic - next topic

GTI Register

I think it would be cool if there was a official owners club Gti Register/mk2 Register for original models (not had engine conversions / four wheel drive conversions / original colour)

So we can have a log of all known mk2s still on the road.

Info kept would have to be basic so like reg number, year, engine and code, colour etc. No more info than can be found on the internet via gov.com etc

Im happy to do this via excel spreadsheet that i can update and share wth with the club for all to see.

Thoughts?

Re: GTI Register

Reply #1
Sounds like a great idea, we did once have a map of where we all were, uptake wasn’t great , you might have to have groups because the oem plus mob are many and want to be part of everything ...that would mean the Seat Mk2 golfs would also want  take part ...think you would also have to sort some data sharing plan.... oh and people are transient and will sell within a year or so and not update you ...is there an oem Mk2 face ache group?

Reply #2
If theres enough interest it could just be a mk2 register

Reply #3
If you kept it on here , promote it on FB ,  might tempt people off Facebook... I would sign up if you wish, Maybe people could label their own cars , original, oem , oem + , Quite modified, has a Mk2 shell ....even add an area ..
 Will no doubt be more suggestions along ....

Reply #4
I'd happily stick my details on the register (my car details obviously as I don't think you are setting up some kind of Tinder.....).

Not sure what kind of label you would give my car.  It's kind of slowly going back to OEM but looking at it up close it's more like OMG  :))  :))

1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #5
Got 50 cars already since posting on Facebook already.

Its pretty much a Mk2 Register with basic info inc plate changes engine conversions etc

Current list includes:
Current plate
Previous plate
Model
Engine type
Engine code
Engine conversion
Original colour
Colur code
Current colour
Number of doors
Exra info eg dealership/imported/track car/turbo technics