Skip to main content
Topic: Greetings from Finland! (Read 1818 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Greetings from Finland!

Reply #15
The car is otherwise in great shape and I can do the polishing or if needed the paintjob at school for free so it is not a problem at all. I have a deal with 700€, it has a weber dgv (400€ retail in Finland), a steel manifold (300€ retail), has mot till' 09/2021 and brand new winter tires so I'm pretty satisfied to buy this car :) Gonna do a project topic if foreign fellow owner is allowed to?
Just a Finnish dude.

Reply #16
The car is otherwise in great shape and I can do the polishing or if needed the paintjob at school for free so it is not a problem at all. I have a deal with 700€, it has a weber dgv (400€ retail in Finland), a steel manifold (300€ retail), has mot till' 09/2021 and brand new winter tires so I'm pretty satisfied to buy this car :) Gonna do a project topic if foreign fellow owner is allowed to?

We are very simple, we do like pictures

Reply #17

We are very simple, we do like pictures

I like pics too on a project topic so I think I fit well with you british lads :D

Edit: And I should warn all of you that I'm not a OEM or resto guy.. But not going to do anything crazy, I planned to install some h&r springs and some nice wheels and maybe a front spoiler or something hmm
Just a Finnish dude.

Reply #18
Hi Sami, welcome.  Where in Finland are you? I work for a Finnish company and have had many drunken nights in Helsinki  :))  :))

Oh cool! I live in Oulu, northern Finland. Which company do you work for, if I may ask? PM me if you want to share it  :))

Company name is Basware.  I am based in our London office but we have 3 locations in Finland; Espoo (Company HQ), Tampere & Pori.  That looks like an incredible survivor as it is a pretty harsh place up in the north of Finland so assuming that the bodywork is sound then you can easily work on the mechanicals.
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #19
I never see mechanical as a problem for me because I have been working on cars since I was 5 so I'm now convinced to buy this car :)
Just a Finnish dude.