Skip to main content
Topic: Finnish 1.8 '89 Carby moredoor (Read 3016 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Finnish 1.8 '89 Carby moredoor

Reply #30
Got the polishing done finally, what a job! My hands are so sore because some places needed to be polished by hand.

Pics:

Also installed aome retro lighta to match the 90's style.

Shiny!
Just a Finnish dude.

Reply #31
Go easy on cutting the paintwork back. In my case I uncovered the white undercoat beneath the tornado pink on the edge of my bonnet! It's a shame that certain red cars of the 90s suffered with colour fade.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #32
Go easy on cutting the paintwork back. In my case I uncovered the white undercoat beneath the tornado pink on the edge of my bonnet! It's a shame that certain red cars of the 90s suffered with colour fade.

Sorry about very very late answer but yeah I was careful when cutting the paintwork and will be if it needs to be done again :-)

Not much has happened with the Golf, I've just been enjoying driving it daily :-D
Just a Finnish dude.

Reply #33
I've done lots of work on this car lately.. Let the pics speak for themselves  :D

Big bumper conversion, arch trims, new rad and electric fan, 00's momo steering wheel and vdo cockpit gauge etc :-)

Gotta start working on tidying up the engine bay. At this state I hate it because of the color and it's so messy..
Just a Finnish dude.