Skip to main content
Topic: New-ish person saying hi (Read 817 times) previous topic - next topic

New-ish person saying hi

Newish, as I was on the forum before but not active and now just coming to the end of a long term rebuild of my 3 door big bumper 16v. It’s been MOTed 4 days and other than a dicky central locking solenoid I’m doing ok to say the cars been back to bare shell.
Met AndyBA today at Thoresby car show in Nottinghamshire who made me think to stick my hand up and say hi to everyone.
If I can work out how to put up some pics then I’ll share a few.

Re: New-ish person saying hi

Reply #1

Reply #2
That's one tidy looking car nice one

Reply #3
Newish, as I was on the forum before but not active and now just coming to the end of a long term rebuild of my 3 door big bumper 16v. It’s been MOTed 4 days and other than a dicky central locking solenoid I’m doing ok to say the cars been back to bare shell.
Met AndyBA today at Thoresby car show in Nottinghamshire who made me think to stick my hand up and say hi to everyone.

Jake, nice to meet you earlier, your's looked like new parked next to mine  ;D
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #4
Welcome along.

Nice looking car you have there, it may be the angle, but the plastics in the last photo look a little faded, get some Solution Finish on them and they'll look like new again!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #5

Jake, nice to meet you earlier, your's looked like new parked next to mine  ;D

Good to meet you buddy, I don’t know, yours was shining pretty brightly in the lineup that day!
keep up the good work on the AC 👍

Reply #6
Welcome along.

Nice looking car you have there, it may be the angle, but the plastics in the last photo look a little faded, get some Solution Finish on them and they'll look like new again!

Cheers for the comments
No your right, the rear bumper is far more faded than the rest, I’ve been using Gtecniq C4 on all of the external plastics and most have come up extremely well. The rear bumper has had 2 coats though and it hasn’t really improved it noticeably. I’ve now run out of C4 and thought about stripping all of the products off the rear bumper with some citrus cleaner and then using ‘forever black’ as I know some people recommend it. Googling the product you mentioned now though.
The exterior plastics are definitely work in progress!

Reply #8
Welcome along.

Cheers for the comments
No your right, the rear bumper is far more faded than the rest, I’ve been using Gtecniq C4 on all of the external plastics and most have come up extremely well. The rear bumper has had 2 coats though and it hasn’t really improved it noticeably. I’ve now run out of C4 and thought about stripping all of the products off the rear bumper with some citrus cleaner and then using ‘forever black’ as I know some people recommend it. Googling the product you mentioned now though.
The exterior plastics are definitely work in progress!

Can't say I've used forever black, but solution finish is more of a dye.
As you mentioned, strip all the old products off and hit it up with some.
I gave mine 2 coats about 2 years ago and they still look good!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #9
I’m new here too! Lovely looking car mate.