Skip to main content
Topic: National Meet - difficult decision (Read 712 times) previous topic - next topic

National Meet - difficult decision

VW Golf Mk2 National Meet postponed; date TBC.

It is with regret that we are announcing that the National Club meet has been postponed to 2022.  Date TBC

As you know the Club is run by small team of Mk2 enthusiasts that put a lot of hard work and effort into planning the meet and the running of the weekend.  But with restrictions still being in place 16-18 July, after the Government’s recent announcement, the team have been discussing through all the different options; and our main priority is to ensure the safety of its members and families.  In many outcomes of the ideas; we felt that restricting the weekend to the bear requirements; that the meet would not hold the same vibe as previous years especially after having to postpone 2020, we thought we would have luck on our side this year.

Tickets: as you know tickets brought for 2020 rolled over to this year automatically, unless you stated.  We will again offer this to members for 2022.  If you wish to hold your track spot, camping or day passes, then thank you.  If you wish to have your monies refunded; please email golfmk2owners@aol.co.uk subject: Refund. 

Thank you
The team would like to thank all our members again for their continued support, you have always been so loyal and enthusiastic, and this has made the decision all the more difficult.  
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: National Meet - difficult decision

Reply #3
I know gutted thought we’d be ok.  2022 is going to be called the A.C Meet (after Covid) lol

Can’t get a date In for 2022 until late September When they know the schedule.  

Reply #4
Well, September still has good weather, might be worth a punt?
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #5
2022 is going to be called the A.C Meet (after Covid) lol

I bet Monkey read A/C like me and thought it stood for aircon. Gives a bit more time for us to get our installs working!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #6
2022 is going to be called the A.C Meet (after Covid) lol

I bet Monkey read A/C like me and thought it stood for aircon. Gives a bit more time for us to get our installs working!

A M2 A/C meet, bet that would be a small one!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #7
Well, September still has good weather, might be worth a punt?
It depends on track availability