Skip to main content
Topic: Hello! / Current prices? (Read 1598 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hello! / Current prices?

Reply #15
Any good... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304047305034?hash=item46caa1b14a:g:948AAOSwS6Rg2HnL

Well under budget but gives you plenty of money in the pot to oversee your own restoration of anything that needs doing.

Hi, many thanks - this definitely looks to be a good basis for a restoration and appears to have great potential.  It’s too much for me to take on though, as I’ve promised at home that I won’t be stepping into a big project.  The steering rack’s just gone on our daily too, which is going to set me back funds-wise for a while unfortunately – if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen!

It’s also a 5dr, and after studying the photos alongside your comments again I think you might actually have convinced me that I want a 3dr…!

Paul

Reply #17
Having watched and seen the comments a lot depends on your own personal wishes, does it need to be oem? Bigger output engines are being fitted all the time and I guess it’s because they are no longer original the prices seem to be lower…. I don’t think you can be to picky in your wishes unless you get very lucky or have loads of time …I am not a fan of white cars but have had mine for 13 years , you will get an idea of value and there will be a car out there for your you at a price you are happy with …Rust is the thing to look out for , most oily bit problems are sortable ..

Reply #18
Having watched and seen the comments a lot depends on your own personal wishes, does it need to be oem? Bigger output engines are being fitted all the time and I guess it’s because they are no longer original the prices seem to be lower…. I don’t think you can be to picky in your wishes unless you get very lucky or have loads of time …I am not a fan of white cars but have had mine for 13 years , you will get an idea of value and there will be a car out there for your you at a price you are happy with …Rust is the thing to look out for , most oily bit problems are sortable ..

Mk2's seem to have turned a corner.  A few years ago, you bolted another engine into it and it bumped the value by at least 1k.
I've done a fair few in my day, not to make money, just to make the car go faster, at the time I couldn't give the original engines away.  But also, back then you could pick up a tidy mk2 for £500, that is very much not the case nowadays!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #19

Mk2's seem to have turned a corner.  A few years ago, you bolted another engine into it and it bumped the value by at least 1k.
I've done a fair few in my day, not to make money, just to make the car go faster, at the time I couldn't give the original engines away.  But also, back then you could pick up a tidy mk2 for £500, that is very much not the case nowadays!

Back in 2008 people would have gone nuts if they knew I paid £3k for mine , remember people saying no Mk2 is worth more than a grand

Reply #20
Good investment, that!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF