Skip to main content
Topic: Test your knowledge! (Read 21654 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Test your knowledge!

Reply #45
Should've added something to the image to give you an idea of scale - it's roughly the diameter of a 5p coin.

Reply #46

Tim, I knew I'd got my priorities all wrong when I said I'd do the wahing up.
No wonder progress on the golf is so slow!  :D
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #47
Should've added something to the image to give you an idea of scale - it's roughly the diameter of a 5p coin.

Part of the Rear brake bias setup, spring connects round it

Reply #48
Spot on, I'm running out of things that might be harder to guess!

Reply #50
Mine, like the regulator itself was well past it and had warped / split.

Appears to come in two distinct parts, the plastic outer bit (5) and a metal inner (4).

I was able to salvage the metal part and you can get the plastic part on it's own from Deutscheparts for £4.79 inc. postage.

Just had another Google and this Dutch one's popped up, looks the same thing but includes both parts for not much more if you need the whole thing -

golf1onderdelen

Reply #51

Reply #52
The triangular piece is on the opposite end of the spring to the mystery part that's out of sight, behind the bolt and washers in the piccy -

Reply #53
You lot know your MK2's too well, so this is likely a penalty kick but I'm running out of ideas.

Reply #54
Dust covers for the hub on the rear axle

Reply #55
The triangular piece is on the opposite end of the spring to the mystery part that's out of sight, behind the bolt and washers in the piccy -

Ah I kept the bracket end bolted to the bean and did it from the side with the car on stands so didn't really get a close look at that end. I just knew I had to clip the spring over something that's why I didn't recognise it.

Reply #58

Reply #59
 :-X