Topic: Test your knowledge! (Read 21580 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Test your knowledge!

Reply #315
My turn...... :)

1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #317
I had this feeling you would Tim, I wondered if Mark's (Damien.wrl) fettling has ventured thus far?

Reply #319
I had this feeling you would Tim, I wondered if Mark's (Damien.wrl) fettling has ventured thus far?

I have sussed Tim (Eddypeck) out…. I know exactly what it is but I will wait for someone else to get it … it’s defiantly a harbinger off the coil injectors feeding into the plasma relay from the Dilithium crystals  … they have now been superseded by a bungee

Reply #320
I'll stick my head above the paripit, these are the clips that hold the heater box together?

Reply #322
Correct sli_gti

I had quite a selection of them when doing the MK2/MK3 HVAC mix and match.

Brings back memories of what a sticky messy job the heater flap fix and matrix swap are. Just the job to get sorted before we start using that W word Brrrrrr.

Reply #323
For some reason I have two of these, though I believe there's only the one on the car, but don't take that as a given.

Unfortunately both are broken (hence not cleaning them up a bit for you), and bizarrely the missing bits from one are present on the other... if you'd a magic wand you could morph them into a single good one.

The second image isn't me showing off my supernatural powers, just one sitting atop the other -

Reply #324
You got a clue in the last 30 minutes!

Reply #326
Andy's right... they clip on the chassis arm and secure the brake pipe.

Deliberately left it off in some other recent piccies a I know how cunning you lot are!

I don't think it is.  The brake clip from the factory had a sprung c to hold the pipe firmly and were white.  I can get a picture.

I think it is the clip on the same chassis leg that secures the wires to the headlight resistor.  Common as hens teeth!

This is a factory brake clip, you can just see the remains of the C clip under the tie wrap.  VW did stop supplying white clips and offered a range of more generic black clips, I have a few on my car.  Perhaps that is when the design changed?

Reply #327
For some reason I have two of these, though I believe there's only the one on the car, but don't take that as a given.

Unfortunately both are broken (hence not cleaning them up a bit for you), and bizarrely the missing bits from one are present on the other... if you'd a magic wand you could morph them into a single good one.

The second image isn't me showing off my supernatural powers, just one sitting atop the other -

Not got one of those on my car but it looks like a fuel line retainer.  One that clips into plastic or or a heat shied?

I have a small bumper car.  Something to do with big bumper wiring?

Reply #328

Not got one of those on my car but it looks like a fuel line retainer.  One that clips into plastic or or a heat shied?

This was my thinking too,

Reply #329
Not to do with the fuel lines and not necessarily exclusive to big bumper cars, though in reality probably more likely to be found on them I suppose (in the UK at least... another clue)