Skip to main content
Topic: Test your knowledge! (Read 21704 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Test your knowledge!

Reply #360
Not going to get a picture at this time of night. When you pull the hand brake on the cables turn a shaft on the back of the callipers. That small piece of metal sits in an offset hole in the shaft and pushes the piston and pads against the discs as the shaft turns.

Reply #362
Not going to get a picture at this time of night. When you pull the hand brake on the cables turn a shaft on the back of the callipers. That small piece of metal sits in an offset hole in the shaft and pushes the piston and pads against the discs as the shaft turns.
Never seen it before

Reply #363
I'm becoming too obvious, have to stop using things that are connected with other posts.

Yes, heater box again. Sit in recesses around the ends of the flap spindles, on the outside.

Reply #364
This is an easy one if you, like me, have broken one.  However they don't often break:

Reply #365
This one is frustrating, as I'm sure I've clipped them on as I've been fitting the trim, but can't for the life of me remember exactly where!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #366
Yes they secure a trim panel. Just one edge of the panel is secured by several clips.

Reply #367
This one is frustrating, as I'm sure I've clipped them on as I've been fitting the trim, but can't for the life of me remember exactly where!
Likewise, thought the sill trims but they are white plastic, maybe one is metal?

Reply #368
MK1 door cards use these clips I believe

Reply #370
Yes that’s the one. Sunroof panel, it pushes up and clips into the steel roof

Reply #371
Should have figured that out, mine is out of the car

Reply #372
Found this on the cave floor. anybody know what it is where it should be?

Reply #373
Found one just the same between the carpet and underlay of the front passenger side footwell.

Had dried up and come off, but presumed from the way it was facing it was originally stuck to the carpet.

Reply #374
I thought L90E would get this one, yes indeed it is a carpet manufacturers QA sticker.