Skip to main content
Topic: Different editions (Read 90 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Different editions

Reply #1
Good that you found it, but a little sad you didn't find it within this site. I guess Google isn't working in our favour.
We've already got this covered in the knowledge Library with a few additional links to specific models:

Models
Specical Editions
https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=56.0

I think a lot of the initial info may have come from there.

Reply #2
Cheers for sharing, always like to read this sort of stuff. I love old brochures as well and seeing what the OEM upgrade options were.
I'm Matt and I love old VWs

Classics | '88 Mk2 Golf GTI 8v | '95 VW Corrado VR6 | '94 VW Corrado 16v
Dailys | '02 VW Golf GT TDI | '13 SEAT Exeo ST 170

Reply #3
So does anyone know anything about the Riviera model?

Reply #6
So does anyone know anything about the Riviera model?

isn't that a model name of a Mk1 Cabby edition?

I thought the same , Or was that Rivage or both ?

Reply #7
Definately Riviera. 1989 Mk2 1.3 poverty spec. I'm unable to get a picture at the moment.   This is assuming no one has stuck decals on it  :o

Reply #8
Sometimes local dealers created their own 'editions'. Wondering where this was first registered, could I take a punt and say Torquay?

There's something nagging at the back of my brain that makes me think I have come across this before though. Or maybe it was just you raising this previously.

I believe Riviera is related to camper van (T2 specifically) conversions. I know there were a number of authorised companies that did conversion, ie. Devon, and Danbury. Perhaps it's something to do with the same company.

Reply #9
Without checking the original registration office would have Exeter.  I get the Riviera  connection. I know there is paperwork but I've not seen it yet. You never know it may have been part of a package or built to order for someone local or as a holiday car. I'll get a picture of the graphics when I can.